Cosmetic Bonding at Cayon Dental
In the case of the chipped, broken, or stained tooth, a cosmetic dental system like tooth bonding can give you the confidence to streak those magnificent whites. Tooth bonding is a method where your dentist applies a tooth-shaded composite resin to at least one of your teeth to fix harm. It’s a cost-effective solution since it’s extensively more affordable than another cosmetic dental method, for example, crowns and veneers.
When tooth bonding is used?
- To fill composite resins into cavities
- To close spaces between teeth
- To repair decayed teeth
- To change the shape of teeth
- To make teeth look longer
- To improve the appearance of discoloured teeth
- To repair chipped or cracked teeth
- To protect a portion of the tooth’s root that has been exposed when gums recede
- As a cosmetic alternative to amalgam fillings
Procedure of cosmetic bonding:
- The initial step is to plan a meeting with your dentist so you can talk about your treatment objectives. Your dentist will utilize a shade manual to select the composite resin shading that matches the shading, of the tooth or teeth, generally intently.
- Once your dentist has decided the resin colour, the dentist will marginally scratch the outside of the tooth to roughen it. The tooth will at that point be covered gently with a conditioning fluid, which enables the holding material to follow.
- When the tooth is ready, your dentist will apply the tooth-shaded, putty-like resin. The resin is formed and smoothed until it’s the required shape. At that point, the material is solidified with an ultraviolet or laser.
- After the bonding material solidifies, your dentist will additionally trim and shape it and polish the material until it matches the sheen of the surrounding the tooth surface.
- The process normally takes 30 minutes to an hour to finish. In case you’re having more than one tooth done, you may need to plan additional time or extra visits.
Post cosmetic bonding care:
- Bush at least twice a day and floss daily
- Don’t bit your nails
- For first two days stop yourself from having coffee, tea, and tobacco, this will help in avoiding stains
- Try to avoid hard food and candies
- Scheduling regular dental cleanings every six months
- Same Day Appointments
- Friendly & Caring Staff
- Over 25 years of Experience
- Se Habla Español
Bonding is among the most effortless and most economical cosmetic dental method. The composite resin utilized in bonding can be moulded and polished to match the other teeth. Frequently, bonding is utilized for cosmetic purposes to improve the presence of a stained or chipped tooth. It additionally can be utilized to close spaces between teeth, to make teeth look longer or to change the shape or shade of teeth. Once in a while bonding is utilized as a cosmetic corrective option in contrast to fillings, or to protect a part of the tooth’s root that has been uncovered as a result of gum subsidence.
In spite of the fact that the material utilized in dental bonding is to some degree stain- resistant, it doesn’t avoid stain just as crowns. Another inconvenience is that the bonding materials don’t keep going as long or are as strong as different techniques to re-establish teeth, for example, crowns, veneers, or fillings. Additionally, bonding materials can chip and break the tooth. A few dentists see bonding as the best strategy for rolling out little cosmetic changes, for making a temporary adjustment of cosmetic defects, and to address teeth in zones of extremely low bite pressure.
Cayon Dental Group
Online Appointment Request
Mon, Tues, Thurs : 11am – 7pm
Wed: 8am – 4pm
Fri: 7am – 3pm
Sat: 9am – 2pm,